1. A Special Note About Children: Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the web site unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may use the web site only in conjunction with and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
2. Information Collection and Use: The County Journal collects personal information from our users at several different points on our web site. This includes when you register with The County Journal and when you conduct certain activities on the web site. When you register, we ask for information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, city, state and zip code. We may also ask you for credit card information to enable us to bill you fees for our services. Once you register with The County Journal and login to our services, you are not anonymous to us. However, you can browse our web site without telling us who you are or revealing personal information about yourself. When you wish to contact a seller regarding an item listed on our web site, we ask you for your email address and you may also volunteer to provide your telephone number. In addition, each member may provide information about the buyers with whom they deal (including the email address, and feedback regarding the other member's performance during the transaction). Finally, we may also collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address and other information regarding transactions in which you participate (either as a buyer or seller) through our web site. If you elect to use our referral service to inform a friend about our web site, we ask you for the friend's name and email address. We will automatically send the friend an email inviting him or her to visit our web site. The referral message will be sent to you friend?s email address one time, and will not be stored or used for any other purpose. We use the information that we collect to improve product offerings, fulfill your requests, bill you for services, customize the web site's content and layout, develop feedback ratings, contact you, and for marketing activities and statistical analysis. The County Journal automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, The County Journal cookies information, and the page you request. Our collection and use of such information is further described below.
5. Log Files: Like most standard web site servers, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the web site, track users' movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
6. Your Ability to Edit and Deactivate Your Account Information and Preferences: You can edit your The County Journal account information by logging in and going to the My Profile page. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the The County Journal web site, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Upon your request, we will deactivate your account, contact information, billing information and any financial information from our active databases. To make this request, email us at email@example.com . Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity and in accordance with our User Agreement and applicable law. We will retain in our files some personal information you have requested to edit or remove to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests. However, such personal information will be deactivated from public and user viewing and will only be available to select The County Journal personnel for the limited purposes described above.
7. Confidentiality and Security: Your personal information is stored on The County Journal's servers located in the United States . We use physical, procedural and technical safeguards to protect that information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure. Certain information is password-protected. Likewise, in certain areas, The County Journal uses GeoTrust-certified industry-standard SSL-encryption and network firewalls to protect data transmissions and storage. Finally, all of our employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
8. Your Responsibilities: We go to great lengths to protect all of your information on our web site. In order to help us maintain the security of your personal information, we ask that you not share your password with anybody. Sharing this information could put you and your rating as a buyer/seller at risk. If you lose control of your password or you think that somebody has obtained unauthorized access to your account, immediately change your password. Please contact us if you have any questions. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. By disclosing personal information online, you may receive unsolicited communication from other parties in return. Therefore, you should exercise caution and common sense in such disclosures.
The County Journal
5 Vista Dr
Flanders NJ 07836